Thursday, March 22, 2007

Marriage

My heart racing fast
sweat on my forehead
My ears were oblivious
to what was being said.

I stood there stupefied
wondering what to do
what state of madness
this situation brought me to.

The nerves were a wreck
I wanted to run far away
I could not bear the burden
of responsibilities coming my way

Then she appeared before me
all demure and shy
A subdued smile on her lips
probably a tear in her eye

Her beauty was enchanting
and my heart skipped a beat
Her lips so full of life
her voice so sweet.

And suddenly the world changed
and I did not want to run away
I wanted to hold her, kiss her
and make love to her all day.

I could not live without her
that I came to know for sure
I could take on the world if she was with me
and suddenly I wasn't afraid any more.

1 comment:

Usha said...

Dear Akshay,

The girl who comes in your life is surely very lucky, as you are an "all in one" package.

Once that girl comes in your life, the married life would be an absolute bliss, if you both not only love, understand and respect each other but also care for each others' families and respect their sentiments.

For a man, his mother is his first girl friend and his wife is his best girl friend and he dare not make any comparison between the two.

For a woman, her husband's family is more important than her parents' family. She ought to keep in mind that the best and easiest way to win her husband's love is her unconditional acceptance of not only her husband but also of his family members and relatives.

Best wishes,

Yours affectionately,


Usha