Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Confessions of an eligible bachelor


Let me be alone, let me be free.

Please don’t try to push me.

I am happy as I am without a worry.

I don’t understand what’s the hurry

to find a girl and marry now;

start a new life with her in tow.

I will do it when I want to.

It will happen without much ado.

But for now leave me in peace.

I only request you, please

to let me find one on my own,

to reap the fruits of what I’ve sown.

If I fail I will learn.

To you for help I will turn.

Or, maybe it is meant to be,

ordained by destiny,

that there be none for me;

no joy of matrimony.

But who am I to protest

what God for me thinks best.

I will gladly go by his rule –

Be it praises or ridicule.

But spare me the process

that causes me much distress.

I don’t want to be rejected;

feel unwanted and dejected.

I don’t want to reject anyone;

cause grief and lamentation.

So forgive me, dear Sir and Ma’am,

because this is not who I am.

Have mercy on this poor feller

for a few months, or perhaps a year,

let me be just me - an eligible bachelor.

No comments: