Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rules are for fools

Drive on the left, they said,
and let others move ahead.
Be patient at the red light,
respect the pedestrians’ right.

Someone tell them please
to keep their own peace.
Why should I suffer the traffic
when I can break rules at ease?

And if that’s not enough
they say more crazy stuff.
Throw garbage in the pit,
don’t stain the walls with spit,
don’t ever litter on the road,
keep it always clean, I am told.

Why would I even look around
when there is plenty of ground
to throw my stuff on or litter.
And who cares I’m called a spitter!

Stand in the queue, they dictate,
stay patient until your turn and wait.
It will lead to chaos if one strayed
from the procedure well laid.

But what is a little inconvenience
if I get my work done at once.
The chaos, if any, is a small cost.
Either I win or everything is lost.

So, the moral of the story
in all its simple glory
is to forget what’s taught in schools,
break the rules at will
‘coz, my dear, rules are for fools.

4 comments:

Aastha said...

NCERT ki books ki yaad dila di tumne to...simple yet impactful....nice work

Aastha said...

Product of a Fellow KV product:)

J Akshay Iyer said...

Thanks Aastha. :-)

J Aniruddha Iyer said...

Break the rules ... oh yeah. :)