Sunday, April 27, 2008

My dialogue with God

This one day I came to a decision
to take up with God His logic and reason
I told myself enough was enough
it was time that He too had it rough


I took it upon me to take up His case
stand up and show Him that His rightful place
was not at the pedestal where He sat with glee
but amongst the dirty chairs where sat we


I rose up and asked Him why
He'd never ever even try
to show us the right from the wrong
and not let us walk towards the devil all along


"why would You let us be stupid and sad?
why would You let us go sinful and bad?
why would You not, like a father, guide?
why would You let us shamelessly submit to our pride?"


"if this is not what You're supposed to do
then I don't see why we should bow our heads to You.
Why should we in deference hold You high
when with Your own rules You do not comply"


He smiled a beautiful smile
and waited for a little while
then He lifted His eyes towards me
who had stood up and challenged His authority


"My child, you are right when you say
that you feel that I did betray.
But you see it is not entirely my doing
your own sins that you are now ruing"


"I did my duty and showed you the light
I did tell you the wrong from the right
but the path that you took you chose on your own
you chose ignorance when to you everything was known"


"You were lured by the devil to follow his signs
I tried to remind you of his evil designs
but you chose to pay me no heed
mesmerized by the golden charm of greed"


"And now you point fingers at me
when the devil has left you to misery.
but you overlook this in your anger and despair
that in the end you find yourself in my care"


I looked around and instantly did realize
I was at His abode under the care of His eyes
I cried out aloud in my naivete as I stood
He took me in His arms and hugged me as only a father would!

No comments: